Read more →
Discover the most beautiful lake in the world with our customized tours and activities.
* Boating around the lake and visiting the villages.
* Kayaking/Canoeing along the shores.
* Paragliding from a mountain top.
* Mountain biking from Tecpan to Panajachel.
* Horseback riding through coffee and maize fields.
* Hiking San Pedro volcano 3hrs up – 2hrs down.
* Zip-lining from Panajachel or Santa Lucia.
* High altitude Scuba diving in Santa Cruz.
* Golf at La Reunion near Antigua.
* Birders will enjoy the abundant bird life and biodiversity of Lake Atitlan.
* Visit Laguna Lodge nature reserve to see the Belted Flycatcher.
* Tarrales nature reserve day trip for spectacular birding to see the Horned Guan.
* Atitlan nature reserve with many hanging bridges and streams.
* Hikes through the volcanic Sierra Madre mountains.
* Guided walks around the lake shore.
* Coffee plantations may be visited to see picking of the coffee fruit to processing and coffee sampling.
History & culture
* Santa Cruz Village – you can visit the oldest church on the lake, and see our local village just 20 minutes walk from the lodge.
* Santiago Atitlan – This is the largest indigenous town, with its 500 year old church, and their unusual patron saint Maximón.
* Archaeological museum Lustre in Panajachel displays ceramic pots and burial urns found below the lakes surface.
* Ancient ruins of Iximche in Tecpan.
* Colonial churches from the 17th Century may be visited in many of the villages.
* Each of the 12 villages around the lake has its own unique dress, traditions and festivals.
* Mayan rituals are performed by shamans.
* La Antigua Guatemala – Day trip to the UNESCO protected colonial city and once a capital of Guatemala.
* Learn Spanish and Kaqchikel.
Arts, crafts & collectibles
* Panajachel has a large range of highland handicrafts including jade jewellery.
* Santiago has a wide range of weavings, paintings, beadwork and carvings.
* Santa Catarina Palopó – Famous weaving on back strap looms and unique painting style.
* San Juan La Laguna – Has a co-op making local handcraft and textiles using traditional techniques and natural vegetable dyes.
* La Galeria, original artwork by well know local artists in Panajachel.
* Chichicastenango – Well known for its colorful handicrafts at its Thursday and Sunday markets.
* Solola market is a working traditional market. Tuesdays and Fridays.
* Central markets in all villages have various crafts